In Generation Wondera new anthology of thirteen prose short stories edited by Barry Lyga (I Hunt Killers, The Flash), superhero tropes are approached in unexpected ways by a lineup of incredible contributors. With a half-dozen New York Times bestselling authors, seven multiple award winners, and a founder of We Need Diverse Books, there’s no shortage of talent on this exciting collection. Each of the stories in the collection features an illustration by the Eisner Award-winning and NYT bestselling Colleen Doran.
Generation Wonder will be published by Amulet Books, an imprint of Abrams, and will arrive at your local bookstore and/or public beginning library next Tuesday, June 14th2022. But today at The Beat, you can read the first story, “Love to Hate” by Lamar Gilesbelow this article!
A Super Lineup
Here’s the list of contributors on Generation Wonder From the official press release:
- Paul Levitzwriter (Legion of Super-heroeseditor (Batman), executive (former President & Publisher, DC Comics), and historian (Will Eisner: Champion of the Graphic Novel)
- Sarah MacLeanNew York Times, Washington Post, and USA Today bestselling author of romance novels
- Lamar GilesWNDB founding member and acclaimed author of Fake ID, Endangered, Overturned, and Spin
- Elizabeth Eulberg, international bestselling author of The Lonely Hearts Club and Better Off Friends
- Danielle PaigeNew York Times bestselling author of the Dorothy Must Die series
- Varian Johnson, acclaimed and award-winning author of The Parker Inheritance and Twins
- Joseph Bruchacenrolled member of the Nulhegan Abenaki Nation and acclaimed, award-winning author
- Morgan Baden, author of The Hive and Daphne and Velma: The Dark Deception
- Matthew Phillionjournalist, filmmaker, and author of The Indestructibles
- Anna-Marie McLemoreacclaimed, award-winning author of The Weight of Feathers and When the Moon Was Ours
- Sterling Gates, New York Times bestselling comic book creator and award-winning screenwriter and producer
- Axie Ohauthor of Rebel Seoul, Rogue Heart, XOXO, and The Girl Who Fell Beneath the Sea
Will you be picking up a copy of Generation Wonder when it arrives at your local bookstore or public library next week? Have you had a chance to read “Love to Hate,” and if so, what did you think of it?
The Beat is waiting to hear from you! Give us a shout-out, here in the comment section or over on social media @comicsbeatand let us know what you’re thinking.